The most common type of arthritis is known as osteoarthritis. It affects millions of people all over the world. Over time, protective cartilage that provides cushions to your bones wears done, resulting in this condition. It is most commonly found in the spine, hips, knees, and hands. You do not have to suffer if you have osteoarthritis. We can help you get the treatment you need here at Elite Integrated Medical Centers in Ellenton, FL. Sometimes a chiropractor is a route to go for treatment.
Causes & Symptoms
Osteoarthritis is also known as wear and tear disease since it results in the wear of your cartilage overtime. This wear results in bone on bone rubbing. The entire joint is typically affected by osteoarthritis. It also results in deterioration and changes in the tissues that support the joints and muscles. Inflammation of the joint lining is also present. Symptoms include:
- Stiffness, mainly joint stiffness
- Pain from the affected joints after or during movement
- Tenderness of your joints when applying light pressure
- Decrease in flexibility
- A sensation of grating when you use your joint
- Bone spurs that feel like hard lumps forming around the joint that is affected
- Swelling caused by inflammation surrounding the joint
Chiropractic care consists of:
- Manipulation- This is great for providing relief from severe episodes within the lower back or neck. Manipulations can decrease the pain that results from osteoarthritis.
- Massage therapy- Osteoarthritis pain can be reduced by therapeutic massage and circulation. Muscle tension and stress can also be significantly reduced by massage therapy.
- Electric nerve stimulation- This is a treatment that involves small amounts of electricity used to decrease the sensitivity of nerves surrounding the spine.
- Acupuncture- This procedure involves the use of fine needles that are inserted in specific areas of the skin. Most people will feel relaxed but notice a tingling sensation. This produces excellent results for osteoarthritis pain.
Since osteoarthritis only gets worse with time, the necessary treatment is recommended. It is considered a degenerative disease that can result in daily tasks becoming much more difficult as stiffness and joint pain become more severe. Osteoarthritis can also result in sleep disturbances and depression due to the pain.
Contact Us for an Appointment in Ellenton, FL
To schedule an appointment with our chiropractor at Elite Integrated Medical Centers, give us a call today. Our team is committed to providing our patients the quality health care they deserve. Contact us to find out how we can help you live a pain-free life.